SAVE THE DATE:
2019 Dealership Day will be on Thursday, March 14th.
Thank you 2018 Dealership Day attendees!
Thank you to all the dealers and dealership employees who attended 2018 Dealership Day in Olympia. Over the course of 140 appointments, Washington new car dealers and dealership employees met with their local legislators and discussed WSADA’s Franchise bills (EHB 2439/ESSB 6137):
- Fair compensation for recalled used vehicles. Require that manufacturers compensate dealers 1.75% of fair market trade-in value for used vehicles subject to a recall of 15 days or longer.
- Treble damages. Require that manufacturers pay treble damages if they willfully violate the state franchise law.
- Standing. Provide WSADA with clear legal standing to challenge manufacturers who fail to comply with the franchise law.
- 90-day notice and a way to dispute agreement changes. Require 90-day advance notice and an opportunity to dispute proposed modifications to an existing franchise agreement.
- No unreasonable cross-border sales territory. Prevent manufacturers from assigning territory outside Washington without the dealer’s permission.
Thank you to Diamond level sponsor attendees Darren Murray with American Financial & Automotive Services, Zach Smith with Cox Automotive, Thai Trinh and Ray O’Bannon with Ethos Group, and Scott Rogers with Zurich.
Acura of Lynnwood
Art Gamblin Motors
Bowen Scarff Ford
Bruce Titus Automotive Group
Campbell Nissan & Campbell Volkswagen
Chevrolet Buick GMC of Puyallup
Chipman & Taylor Chevrolet
Chrysler Hyundai of Seattle
Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram of Walla Walla
Chuck Olson Chevrolet Kia
Dwayne Lane’s Automotive Group
Five Star Motors
Gilchrist Buick GMC
Honda Auto Center of Bellevue
Jack Carroll’s Skagit Hyundai
Jaguar Land Rover Seattle/ Bellevue
Kia of Puyallup
Larry H. Miller Dealerships
McCord’s Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram
Mercedes Benz of Seattle
Mid-Valley Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram
Pierre Auto Center
Roger Jobs Motors
Seaview Buick GMC
Spokane New Car Dealers Association
Steve Hahn’s Volkswagen-Kia-Mercedes Benz
Titus-Will Automotive Group
Town Auto Group
Valley Buick GMC
Walker’s Renton Subaru/Mazda
Way Scarff Ford
West Hills Chrysler Jeep Dodge
Wilder Auto Center
- American Financial and Automotive Services, Inc.
- Comcast Spotlight
- Cox Automotive
- Ethos Group
- Federated Insurance
- Integrated Claims Management, Inc. (ICM)
- PayneWest Insurance
- Peterson Sullivan LLP
- American Fidelity
- CU Dealer Direct
Congratulations to our Dealership Day winners, who won some amazing prizes:
DEALERSHIP DAY ATTENDEE GRAND PRIZE:
5-night stay in a suite at the Fairmont Kea Lani + registration for the
2018 WSADA Convention
Travis Graddon, Roger Jobs Motors
DEALERSHIP DAY ATTENDEE PRIZES:
Alaska Airlines roundtrip first class upgrades + Boardroom day pass
Doug Overturf, Overturf Motors
Autographed Seattle Seahawks Tyler Lockett Football
Crystal Hallen, Jaguar Land Rover Bellevue
Autographed Basketball from NBA Legend Player & Coach Lenny Wilkens:
Jason Courter, Honda Auto Center of Bellevue
ACT Theatre tickets to see Ride the Cyclone + night stay at W Hotel, Seattle
Dean Anderson, Burien Chevrolet/Toyota
Dinner at Tom Douglas’ Palace Kitchen + cookbook
Greg Olson, Chuck Olson Chevrolet Kia
Tour of the Corliss Estate & Winery with Andrew Trio in Walla Walla
Brent Bradshaw, Windy Chevrolet