2019 Attorney General & Employment Law Workshop
Tuesday, October 8
8:30am Continental Breakfast | 9:00am-10:30am Employment Law | 10:45am-12:00pm Attorney General
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Spokane City Center
Room: Suite A | 322 North Spokane Falls Court, Spokane, WA
Attorney General Advertising Enforcement
As the Assistant Attorney General overseeing dealers, Marc Worthy has developed a list of violations he is focusing on as he conducts compliance sweeps of dealerships statewide.
This workshop is an opportunity to learn from the Attorney General’s office how to ensure your store doesn’t face enforcement action.
Marc will discuss:
- Top ten advertising violations;
- Review recent enforcement actions against dealers outside of Washington, and eastern Washington dealers in particular;
- The Attorney General enforcement action process, including Civil Investigative Demands; and
- Explain the difference between an enforcement action and an inquiry from the Attorney General Consumer Resource Center, and a dealership’s responsibility.
Not Your Parent’s Dealership: HR Challenges in the Modern Workplace
Is your dealership ready to handle today’s evolving workplace issues? With the internet and media bringing greater awareness to emerging social concerns, the dynamics impacting your workplace are increasingly hard to navigate.
Employment attorney Shannon Lawless will address how dealers can effectively handle human resource issues, including:
- How to effectively address sexual harassment in the #MeToo era.
- Dealership drug policy now that marijuana is legal in Washington.
- Best practices for interacting with transgender and millennial employees.
- How to keep on top of new Washington laws, from equal pay to paid family and medical leave.
Attendees will walk away with the knowledge and tools to handle these unique issues in today’s workplace.